Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:21:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To-Do List [Beta 0.05]  (Read 956 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:22:39 AM »

Seeing how ZOLE 4 has so much power, combined with ZOLE 4 Live and the ZOxx tools, I think a to-do list is needed. Here I'll be listing everything I plan on doing in sequential order until the next beta release. I'll modify it if needed.

1. Organize ZOHS's code to be easier to edit
2. Redo the map loading system to use a more flexible and object-oriented approach (which includes what group indexes correspond to what parts of the ROM)
3. Create an API that allows things to be drawn/edited on the map, data editing windows to appear without programming everything in the suite, and users to create/edit their own editors
4. Begin working on the macro system, or maybe make macros editor-exclusive, or have a shell that the API can use???

After releasing a beta, I'll update this list for the stuff on the next beta release.

~Lin
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:31:00 AM by Lin » Logged
Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 05:30:47 AM »

Looks like you've got a lot to work on.

I like the look of the tool so far, it ought to end up as an amazing tool when it's complete.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:20:19 AM »

The list has been updated for beta 0.02.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »

The list has been updated for beta 0.03.
nmoyd
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »

Lookin good!
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 06:12:27 AM »

The list has been updated for beta 0.04. I'm excited about this update because a lot of the hard work will be out of the way and the only major assembly changes after this will be for scripting.
Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:06:03 AM »

How's the project now? It's been a couple of weeks.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »

How's the project now? It's been a couple of weeks.
I started college about 2 weeks ago and it's not that I haven't had free time - in fact I've had plenty - but I'm trying to learn C++ so I can stop using C#. I've also got so many other things I want to work on, like improving my assembler since I have the source code for it again, and other things like making a disassembly of one of the oracles. Of course, that's a very long and agonizing process, so I don't see it happening. My current focus is to learn C++ and study for college as much as possible.

I'm also struggling to find motivation for this. I've tried playing both oracles games but they feel very boring and forced. It doesn't seem like very many people are too interested in the project either. I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon though, since the very thought of working on an oracles hack gets me excited. I'll try to finish beta 0.04 when I can because it's going to be the most difficult update for a while.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 04:54:39 AM »

I've picked this project up again and have written the map-loading assembly for Ages. The code is much faster and doesn't require decompressing all the maps upon startup. Also the code required is much smaller.
BigTarantula99

Revamper of ZOLE 4 for ZOLE 4.5

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:57 PM »

Guys, this has been released!  http://zeldahacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=1239.0

Proud part of the IRCs #smwc and #ZOLE as BigT.

CURRENTLY HACKING:  MISICS (OoA)
Completion Status: 12%

-BigT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: