Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:23:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZOLE 4 Version 1.26.1 Released!  (Read 80663 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:23 PM »

Can you re-up the last version (1.26.1)?

Please!
http://zeldahacking.net/downloads/ZOLE%204.zip Sorry
iago92
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2014, 02:18:46 AM »

Thanks! Smiley

I have some questions about Zelda hacking:

Can I insert more characters than the originals from Oracle of ages? If the answer is no, can I use the same character in different maps with a different text?
Is the text from the signs editable from ZOTE? Because I canīt find sign's text there...

(Sorry for my english, I'm spanish)
And thanks for this great application! I prefer Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite since I'm a beginner, but it has less options...
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2014, 03:54:12 AM »

Thanks! Smiley

I have some questions about Zelda hacking:

Can I insert more characters than the originals from Oracle of ages? If the answer is no, can I use the same character in different maps with a different text?
Is the text from the signs editable from ZOTE? Because I canīt find sign's text there...

(Sorry for my english, I'm spanish)
And thanks for this great application! I prefer Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite since I'm a beginner, but it has less options...
Yes, but not like you'd expect. First off, there is no inserting anything. You'll have to edit what exists or repoint data and add what you want. But it's nothing like adding characters in GBA Pokemon games. NPCs are interactions, which are pointers to assembly. NPCs are mostly untouched in hacking, so there isn't much documentation on them. It doesn't help that very few of them follow a specific format. I tried making an NPC editor that controlled the sprite and such but it only worked for a small selection and wasn't worth using. So it's best to just try and use existing ones and editing their text.

That said, it's very difficult to find just a random NPC you can use. Most of them only appear when certain flags are set in the memory, and then their text sometimes changes based on that. So you can try that and use ZOTE to find and edit their text.

If you're looking for an easy way to edit NPCs, the decompile interaction feature does rarely work with NPCs. You can use it to try and find their scripts, which can then be edited to control what they say and how they act. I think that's what Fatories and I did in Nature's intro event.
iago92
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »

Okay, thanks Smiley
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:34 PM »

Okay, thanks Smiley
No problem Smiley