Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:25:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interactions - What Are They?  (Read 558 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:19:02 PM »

Well, simply put, they're things you interact with. They can be events, npcs, items, or portals. Interactions are grouped into categories based on my best judgement, and each have their own color based on their type.

The main ones you're going to be seeing are red (ASM Pointer), yellow (Pointer to a bunch of other interactions, or enemy group spawn), and orange (Mainly used for straight-up items, NPCs, and some events).

Now, right now, I'm doing a lot of studying to see how to increase editing flexibility without making it complicated to the user. But here's something I've gathered.

Let's say you find an NPC, or type 2 interaction that only shows up some times. If the right 2 digits of the ID are greater than 0, change them to 00. For example, look at the old man south of the main town in Ages. His ID is 4403. Now, if you were to copy his ID and place him somewhere, and visit him on a new save file, he won't appear. Change the 03 to 00 and he will.

What happens is nearly every interaction in the end leads to ASM, which is the GameBoy's processor code (Or any processor code for that matter). It's kind of complicated, but is actually easier (How ironic!) than real programming once you get the hang of it.

"Thanks Lin, that just confused me even more." Well, if you're a beginner, obviously you're not going to find much use of this. However, over time I will be posting tutorials on the Tutorials Section on how to get the ID you want to make what you want.

~Lin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: