Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:21:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zelda Nightmare's Illusion  (Read 2820 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 01:14:00 AM »

I found the hack elsewhere--I forget where--but there were some game-breaking errors in it. It must be an old version; Marin and the walrus were still present. Since it's not posted here anymore and the one hack I found is outdated, I fixed what I found and made a patch.
These are the changes I remember making:

Changed the wall in the caves west of Goponga Swamp so the player could not get stuck there if he or she went through Crazy Tracy’s wall before getting the Feather.
Replaced a flower in Goponga Swamp with a bush that looks like a bombable wall so the player can get in without Bow-wow. Added a bomb in Bottle Grotto so the player would not miss the one hiding in Kanalet Castle.
Added a ladder tile to Bottle Grotto so the player could not get stuck in a spike pit before getting the feather, which resulted in an unavoidable death if the player fell into it.
Changed a warp in Angler’s Tunnel that got the player stuck every time (the coordinates were 0,0 before).
Removed one Thwomp and moved another Thwomp in Angler’s Tunnel so the player could not get stuck in either one.
Changed a tile in a side-scrolling screen in Angler’s Tunnel so the player could not get stuck in a wall.
Changed two tile puzzles in Angler’s Tunnel that would not respond to the player stepping on one or more tiles.
Moved a key in Angler’s Tunnel that wouldn’t spawn if you opened the chest in the same room.
Removed some sprites in map 94 of Catfish’s Maw because they could not be killed using any means and completely blocked the player from using the Hookshot to cross a gap.
Removed a wall in the miniboss section of Catfish’s Maw because the miniboss would get stuck in it and never open its eye.
Changed a trigger in Catfish’s Maw so a door would open; previously the trigger was a movable block that did not exist.
Deleted Marin from the beach and deleted the walrus.

Marin vanishes from Mabe Village at some point, so it's possible to miss the first song if you delay getting the Ocarina. But I don't know how to fix that. There are some graphical problems I did not correct, either. Otherwise I left the hack unchanged.
Wow, impressive. You're the first person to release two separate hacks within a week. The reason there are so many errors/bugs is because this was made with Nephi, the first LA editor. It only edited dungeons, so there aren't any overworld changes.
katage
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »

I'm impressed by how much the creator managed to do without LALE. There are some very clever things in Nightmare Illusion. And for what it's worth, I only made about 11 or 12 changes.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: