Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:26:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Zelda Oracle of Nature (By Me and Fatories) - Demo Released (Updated 7/24/11)  (Read 2484 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »

Demo Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_t9coGfYY

Download the Demo (Updated 7/24/11): http://www.mediafire.com/?aucd55tpywdldgw

Demo Features:
 - 3 fully playable dungeons
 - All events leading up to the 3 dungeons

I decided this will be the development thread for Fatories's and My hack, since it seems to be going places with future dungeon plans. For the most part, until we are far into our hack, it will just be dungeons. We will get around to the overworld at some point. Here's videos (And maybe maps) of us playing the dungeons.

Level 1 (Me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xOyUAZxLbM

Level 2 (Me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNxdsUEOoSg Very out of sync but still an enjoyable watch.

Level 2 (Fatories): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqasJFQ38ic

Mapping done 100% in Live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over all Dungeon Progress:
 Level 1 - 100%
 Level 2 - 100%
 Level 3 - 100%
 Level 4 - 0%
 Level 5 - 0%
 Level 6 - 0%
 Level 7 - 0%
 Level 8 - 0%

~Lin
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:05:02 AM by Lin » Logged
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:08:29 AM »

Nice! Great job guys! :thumbup:
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »

We finished level 2. I put up a video of me playing level 2, and Fatories can edit the topic when he puts his up.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »

I've added my version of level 2. In my video I have an updated version of our ROM, so there is none of the bugs found in Lin's video, enjoy.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »

Made a trailer for the demo that will be out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_t9coGfYY
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:21 PM »

Nice work guys, I hope to soon have mine up something in the next hr or 2 depending on youtube uploading.
Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:04:56 AM »

Looks great! I'm looking forward to having another new hack to play.

One question: Are you planning on changing the final boss from Veran to Ganon or someone else?
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 01:50:30 AM »

Lin and I have now released a demo for Oracle of Nature, read the topic for some info on it as well as to download it

Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »

Well, I hate to save state abuse, but having bad memories of game hacks in the past which were a little overkill with difficulty (Kaizo Mario World, I'm looking at you) I'll probably use Save States to ensure everything goes smoothly.

It's not that I'm a terrible Zelda player or anything. I've played nearly every Zelda game up to date minus the CDi games and Spirit Tracks and have beaten most of them. (Not 100%, I could never find all the rings in Ages/Seasons or the Heart Pieces in Majora's Mask)

I never really consider using save states to be "cheap" or "cheating". Especially when it's a tough boss fight or level.
TwoFinger
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »

The dungeons have a good, fun design.
In the third dungeon in the room with two of the rotating things, the one closer to the top of the room doesn't work, it's just the tiles on the floor.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »

In the third dungeon in the room with two of the rotating things, the one closer to the top of the room doesn't work, it's just the tiles on the floor.
At the top of my head I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you have an older demo or something, because it was fine when Fatories ran through it. Also, join the IRC: #ZOLE at irc.caffie.net
TwoFinger
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 07:12:54 AM »

I was playing the one from this thread, got it a few days ago so I don't think it's an old version.
I'm more interested in quietly following (I've been following Oracle hacking since Jigglysaint's thread on romhacking.net) than discussion. I'm not to good at finding bugs or expressing my opinion on things so I probably won't participate in the IRC, though I may pop in every once and a while, and quietly read, to see if anything's being discussed.

Great progress on ZOLE and this hack by the way, good to see the oracle games still being worked on.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »

This sounds like an intended puzzle that Lin and I did for level 3. The top turnstile isn't activated until you do something specific later in the dungeon.

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 09:57:13 PM »

This sounds like an intended puzzle that Lin and I did for level 3. The top turnstile isn't activated until you do something specific later in the dungeon.
Ohhhhhh, he meant the turntile. I thought he was talking about a room next to the one above the turntiles room. Yeah, that's intended. You have to fix the other turntile.
TwoFinger
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »

Well then I'm just stuck, because I have no idea what to do in the room full of buttons on BF1.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: