Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:28:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfering Tiles  (Read 1994 times)
Gamma 31

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 05:05:27 AM »

Hi. Well, I want to give the Fairies' Woods a makeover, but I want to have houses in the new area. Is it possible, for instance, to transfer some tiles from the Lybranna map to the Fairie's Woods map? Or am I stuck with the default map tiles for now? Thanks! This editor is pretty cool. I haven't gotten into interactions yet, but the map editing is very simple! I like it and hope to someday make a complete mod!

Also, is there an existing list of NPCs? And is it possible to change the location/events which start the game? Or is the start with possessed Impa something that you need to have?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:23:03 PM by Gamma 31 » Logged
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »

If you want house tiles, you can change the tileset for each screen.  Note that Level 2's entrance will need to be put somewhere where it can use tileset 4 or else the entrance won't display correctly.

NPC's I haven't looked into, and there is a patch to disable the intro section with Impa.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »

Oh! OK. I see... I got rid of Impa by deleting the ASM and Common Interactions that were associated with her. Hopefully that won't do anything bad.  :mellow:
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »

Also, how do you create a warp? Do you need to move it from one screen to another?
felmet
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »

yes you take a room with a warp and move it to the room you like, just a tip, dont loose track of all the warps if you modify a room that has a warp but you dont want the warp to be there. Dont just move it to some random room, or the result will be that later you might need a warp and it will take ages to find it since you have to search all the rooms to find a proper warp.

What I usaually do is modify an area but keep the all the warps and that 1 tile with the entrance/stairs so that I later can see which rooms I can steal a warp from. Smiley
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »

Alright... I managed to snag the Shop warp from Lynna City and I made it work right. What's funny is that I'm using the warp from the secret entrance to the shop instead of the regular one. I'll have to sort that out later so I don't get into a shop out of nowhere.

EDIT: Can you transfer a warp from the Past to the Present?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:24:01 AM by Gamma 31 » Logged
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:24:53 AM »

Alright... I managed to snag the Shop warp from Lynna City and I made it work right. What's funny is that I'm using the warp from the secret entrance to the shop instead of the regular one. I'll have to sort that out later so I don't get into a shop out of nowhere.

EDIT: Can you transfer a warp from the Past to the Present?
Nope.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:38:38 AM »

Ah. OK.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »

I want to transfer the Ember Seed tree to another part of Lynna City, but the treetop switcher doesn't recognize the tree. It sees the Gale, Pegasus and Scent seeds, but not Ember. A littel help, please?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »

The ember seeds are a type 7 interaction, with the ID of 5A06. The tiles for an ember tree are the default ones, so you don't have to mess with the tree top or secondary map script. You do, however, have to make sure the tree is in the middle of the screen/starts at (4, 3).
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »

Its the interaction you change, the tree top chooser is just to change the top of the tree to a different model because there is only one model in the tile set which would be the actual ember seed tree which is why it won't pick it up.

I believe the ember seeds ID is 5A06 so just use that ID with a one-time/dungeon enemy interaction on the map you want it to be.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 07:13:22 PM »

Oh, I see. Alright, thanks for the help.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »

You do, however, have to make sure the tree is in the middle of the screen/starts at (4, 3).

I have my tree set at (4,2) and it works fine in game. The ember seeds appear on the tree properly and the "hitbox" or whatever it may be called is in the proper spot.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 12:27:23 AM »

Does anybody happen to know if Impa says something different after each Essence is collected?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »

I'm not sure. If so, the check would be in ASM.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: