Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:25:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weapon/Roc's Feather/Sword ASM  (Read 402 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:14:12 AM »

Well, I was messing around trying to find how weapons were called, and I managed to find everything that could easily reveal the ASM of any weapon. I just so happened to use the Roc's Feather for testing though.

06:4967 - (Into) Checking if the right button is pressed to use your items (Do not set a break point here)
06:497C - Using your item (Set a break point here. It will only break if you pressed the button)
06:4927 - Using your item (continued) (Do not set a break point here)

Here's the Roc's Feather locations.

06:52F3 - Roc's Feather Code
06:52FB - Main Roc's Feather Code
06:533D - Jumping in a non-side view room

Kinda confusing, but still beats finding it manually. Here's the first procedure for the sword.

06:49B6 - Start of Sword Code

For the Sword code, I think at 00:21E0 (Or right below that), it's clearing the old sword swing if you swung it in the middle of another swing.

"How do you find all this?" Well, find a value in the memory, work with access breakpoints from there and hope you get lucky.

If this kicks through, we may just be able to port weapons from Seasons to Ages and vice-versa.

~Lin
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »

Oh yeah I kind of already knew the weapon data was in bank 06, but good to know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: