Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:23:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons editing stuff  (Read 391 times)
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »

Okay, so I tried the new Seasons hacking compatability, and while I didn't do anything, I let the game expand the rom.  While messing about, I noticed one room in level 6 was acting up.  I am not sure exactly what's going on, but the room with the moving walls is glitched up.  Sometimes the game shows correctly, but with the wrong attribute data(from CE00), and other times it shows a celing tile, like the one from when the moving walls are all pushed together.

Somthing involving that event seems to be broken.  I recall that another event in Ages was broken because the room value wasn't the one used in the game for the room tile data, or somthing like that.

Just a heads up.  If you want quick access to the problem room, make a warp hole in the entrance room of Hero's cave, fall down, head down and then down the stairs to the problem room.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:40:28 PM »

Yes, this man speaks the truth.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:21:57 PM »

Fixed. You were right about the values at CE00 being incorrect. The ASM I wrote was following the original procedure with the compressed data gets written at CE00 and decompressed into CF00. Instead, I made the decompressed immediately loaded into CF00 and it worked. To fix, if you don't want to wait until ZOLE 1.18, change (39EC) to CF and (39FA) to CF.

EDIT: That causes small maps to mess up... hold on.

EDIT: Fixed it all. The patch will be automatically applied in ZOLE 1.18.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:41:29 PM by Lin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: