Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZOLE 1.11 - Transition Editor  (Read 430 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2010, 06:58:33 AM »

Yes, it's been needed for a while, and since I needed it pretty badly in my hack, I decided to take a look at it and found it pretty fast. Note that these room transitions are for palette changes only, not, for example, going into the Maku Tree map. Here's what the editor window looks like.

It's already done. The map shown there is the first graveyard map you encounter. All you have to do is set a map and the direction you enter the map to set the transition and it's all good. The old palette fades into the new one properly.

~Lin
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:15:59 PM by Lin » Logged
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:44:33 AM »

Actually, I found out there's other data between the transitions I purposely skipped, but it turns out they play an important role on how the palette changes. I gotta add editing for those and then it'll be done.

EDIT: I added the editing ability, and although I labeled the 4 new values as "unknown", I have an idea of what two of them do. For example, if you want the palette change to fade into the palette of the map below you, you add a palette on that map (the one you're going down into), and make sure Unknown1 is 30 and Unknown2 is 90. If you're going up, the values will be 90 and 30. Pretty funky. I have no idea what the other unknowns do.

EDIT2: The unknown values might be pointer sets. The first one is what it will go into and the second is what you're coming from.

EDIT3: Assembly has shown in fact that the unknown values are both pointers.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:25:12 AM by Lin » Logged
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »

Okay, so the editor is finally done. The game actually uses pointers to the palettes, but I made it so ZOLE loops through each original palette and compares addresses until it finds suitable ones. It actually works great.

I know the from is 16 and technically should be 45, but the game has it loading palette 10 because they're the exact same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: