Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:25:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enemies  (Read 497 times)
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:58:12 PM »

Alright so I'm planning on making a list that contains what each ID's for the enemy spawn groups actually spawn. Obviously this one will take a while so don't expect to see it today. I'll probably get it finished sometime late tomorrow. Hopefully this will help a lot of you guys make good hacks.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:01:43 PM by Fatories » Logged

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
fauxrage
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

Just an FYI, you should post it under "Lists." Admin might be disturbed by things like this coming under the discussion board.  Tongue
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »

I'll post the actual list under the list section when its done, this is just me telling you that I'm doing it.

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »

Your best bet would be to create a base enemy list. What an enemy spawn group is is just a pointer to a group of regular NPC spawns, mostly of types 6 and 7. If we find out the IDs of those (Like 34 00 is a green blob, 34 01 is a red blob), we would certainly be better off without using custom enemy group spawns (Or just interaction pointers). The whole idea was to save space.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »

Yeah I guess your right but I don't know how to find the actual ID of an enemy so I can't really create a base enemy list.

Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »

2F34 is the start of the enemy pointers.  It's odd, but notice how the first monster pointed to is..Twinrova.  Yeah, second last boss is the first sprite.  After that is Veran's final form.  BTW, like with interactions, there is a branch that loads the bank based on the sprite value.  Funny thing though is that it's backwards.  It loads bank 0F by default, and decreases the bank number by one if it's below 70, then below 30, and if below 08, loads bank 10.

If the enmy has an index, then when you get to that enemy's ASM, there should be a C7 followed by several pointers.  Those pointers should be the index.  Note that alot of code in this game actually has jump tables up the wazoo.  Even the Switchhook has jmp tables that lead to jmp tables that lead to jmp tables.  Stuff is usually either excecuted based on an index, or sequentially.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: