Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:24:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta 0.00  (Read 398 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:33:50 AM »

Version: 0.00

New Features
  • All graphics viewable (all)
  • Tileset rendering
  • Map rendering
  • Map panning
  • Map selecting and viewing

Notes: Right click to pan, left click to select a map. Load a raw, untouched Ages or Seasons ROM.

Media

Download: http://zeldahacking.ulmb.com/ZOHS%20Beta%20Releases/0.00.zip
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:35:22 AM by Lin » Logged
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:49:19 AM »

Looks good.  I'll download tomorrow and play with it and a Seasons ROM.

Just curious, will there be any compatibility issues with this and a ZOLE 4 edited ROM?  Obviously the editing functionality hasn't been added yet so you may not be sure, but based on your plans at least.

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:40:40 AM »

Just curious, will there be any compatibility issues with this and a ZOLE 4 edited ROM?  Obviously the editing functionality hasn't been added yet so you may not be sure, but based on your plans at least.
You can't edit anything, only view. This isn't meant to be a functional release, but rather to get feedback on the layout and the way things work.

I'll have an option to import maps from ZOLE 4 modified ROMs, but that's it. Because of the different system I'll be using for interactions and a slight change with scripts, the rest will have to be ported manually.
Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:13:16 AM »

Looks like a good tool. I tried it out and everything loads great. Looking forward to a full release of this.
Tiger21820
Newcomer

The Master Of Fire & Ice: Tiger21820!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »

Version 0.00! I like that! Cheesy I'm looking forward to using the new editor! Keep up the good work Lin!  :thumbup:

So is version 0.00 an alpha version, or even earlier than that? (What could be earlier than alpha, anyway?  :confused1:)

Come Join me on my forum:
http://nintendodscentral.forumotion.com/

Master Of Fire & Ice
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »

You can't edit anything, only view. This isn't meant to be a functional release, but rather to get feedback on the layout and the way things work.

I'll have an option to import maps from ZOLE 4 modified ROMs, but that's it. Because of the different system I'll be using for interactions and a slight change with scripts, the rest will have to be ported manually.
Right.  Well, hopefully I'll finish Return to Koholint fairly quickly so I don't have to use "old" software to finish my hack.  I haven't done a lot of the interactions or scripting yet though so if a usable release is finished before then and the systems work better for me, I might attempt to switch over.

If the mapping will import correctly, I may start mapping on a Seasons hack I have been thinking about since I bought Seasons and just wait for ZOHS to work on the rest...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: