Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:28:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello out there!  (Read 879 times)
Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »

Is there actually anyone who visits this place, or is it just another dead forum?
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »

I visit the forums everyday, although I may not say things, thats just because theres no topic that I have anything to post nor any information to post myself.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
felmet
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »

Fatories +1
Invertfreak
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 08:28:27 PM »

I visit the site almost everyday, to see how the production is coming along. to tell you the truth, i would like to help out, but i dont know how to code or do any of the processes needed.

Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 09:40:12 PM »

Fatories +1

Cheesy
I visit the site almost everyday, to see how the production is coming along. to tell you the truth, i would like to help out, but i dont know how to code or do any of the processes needed.

Same here, I'd love to be able to help but I dont know any of the things involved nor do I have the determination/motivation to learn the stuff fully.

Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »

Alrighty, so basically I'm making a Zelda game that I've always wanted to make, gonna go ahead and make this my home base then.

Currently learning the ins and outs of the editor while making an extreme difficulty OoA hack. Placing enemies is damn annoying.
Jandazekon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »

Placing enemies is damn annoying.

You want the editor to look like this:
Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »

Oh god hell no.

Damn amusing, though.

It's mostly I keep having to fine-tune things. Mostly blade traps ending up inside walls is annoying. Have to make it just perfect.

*EDIT* OH. The first digit is the tile position, the second is the pixel. Things make so much more sense now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:18:14 PM by Supreme Dirt » Logged
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »

Or, the number is the pixel in hexadecimal Wink

I visit these forums often, but I lost total interest in this editor, so I only come back to help those with questions. Occasionally I work on the editor and have yet to finish static objects.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »

It's a shame really  Sad If only this editor were made years ago then it would have got much more publicity then it does now, almost 9 years after it was made. I'm sure if the editor had a lot more attention then you wouldn't have lost interest knowing that you had made something awesome that everyone loved, rather than something that only a select few have even found.

Yes, tis a shame, really.

Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »

Or, the number is the pixel in hexadecimal Wink

I visit these forums often, but I lost total interest in this editor, so I only come back to help those with questions. Occasionally I work on the editor and have yet to finish static objects.

Sshhh! Don't tell me that!

What's the editor coded in, C (or C derivative) or VB? I'm learning C and know VB, and I'm looking into learning how the Oracle games work.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »

It's made in C#. If you're gonna look into the Oracles games, be prepared for hell. Capcom does things in the tightest way possible, although a lot of things (HIGHLY excluding the text stuff and level data) are done in a straight-forward manner (Like making pointer groups and each map gets a pointer).
Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 05:13:15 PM »

Yeah, I think I'm going to try something a little simpler and more documented to learn with. Oracles are really, really starting to annoy me. Not a place to start by any means.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 02:48:49 AM »

Actually, there are plenty of ways to start. You can use Jigglysaint's document on Seasons, build off of Dwedit's viewer, or do what I did. Every time I start a level editing tool, I start by finding their (graphics) decompression method. If it has none, or I crack it, I move on to getting the graphics data, tile formation data, palette data, and tile attribute data. Then I assemble tilesets and look into level data. After that I look into things like enemies and other NPCs. The reason for this is I learned you can't build a good editor without viewing the tilesets, and level data is pointless without a tileset.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »

Could you please direct me to Jigglysaint's documentation? I'd like to take a look at it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: