Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:26:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Enemy Statues  (Read 428 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »

This is a tutorial for creating those lifeless statues that come to life once touched. I spent a great deal of time figuring them out, so a little thanks would be appreciated.

First off, their enemy ID is 1D80. 1D81 is a blue statue that gets hurt via sword. Create an enemy interaction and place it over a 26 tile. However, when you're setting the Y coordinate, instead of Y8, make it Y6. For some reason their alignment is weird. Next, you're gonna need to make a script, or else the tile they create will just be tile 00.

The tile that gets replaced is read from DxB0, with X being the enemy index. So, for every statue you have, you're going to increment the 'x' and write A0 (or whatever floor tile you're using) to the memory. So, if you were to make a room that had 4 statues in it, you'd do something like this.

Code:
writelocation 10A7AD
setinteraction72 1f
setmemory d0b0 a0
setmemory d1b0 a0
setmemory d2b0 a0
setmemory d3b0 a0

That just happens to be the script I used in Fatories's and my hack. So yeah, pretty short, but they caused me some trouble (Mainly because I traced the wrong interaction originally) and nobody had documented their enemy ID.

~Lin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:23:58 AM by Lin » Logged
Asylum
Forum Saver
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:41:51 AM »

Thanks for putting this up, Lin. I can definitely see this being useful in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: