Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:25:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interaction 60  (Read 308 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »

I was tracing some stuff trying to find out how to make those statue things turn into enemies, and I came across code for interaction 2109 that would I guess create a key, and what I found was interaction 60. It appears to be an item, and when in the room as soon as you enter, you'll acquire the item. When created by something like a script, an item will appear. The ID is specified by the second byte in the interaction ID. If the interaction was a type 9 with another byte, you could set Dx43, which controls the item's level.

Pretty interesting.

~Lin
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:24 PM »

Yeah I already figured this out.  In fact chests basically add interaction 60 using the data it gets from the chest data in the chest data bank.  Also it appears as if D040 is hardwired to handle items, thus if you do anything fancy as to write 60 to an interaction, it should be that one.  Note that most ASM routines that add items usually load the item and subindex into BC, then do a subroutine which I assume involves interaction 60.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: