Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:24:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tileset Glitches After Transition  (Read 233 times)
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

I've noticed these popping up from time to time.  The graphics just get kinda jumbled and will eventually sort themselves out, but I was wondering why this was happening in the hopes that I could prevent it.  Is it something inherent to ZOLE or could it be my emulator?

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:42:53 PM »

If tiles from the old map get messed up during the transition, that's because you're using two different tilesets that don't have blending tiles. This is present in Link's Awakening but not in the Oracles (by default) because they designed maps around the issue. If you're talking the full map is garbage but gets fixed if you pause and unpause... well huh, I thought I fixed that. After the update in ZOLE where it decompressed tilesets and edited assembly to make them load uncompressed, this issue would occur at random due to my lazy programming and not storing the bank. Interrupts would rarely happen during the time of loading the tiles and the bank would change so the graphics loaded afterwards would be wrong. It's like a 4-byte assembly fix, and I thought I fixed it in the latest ZOLE update. Maybe I only fixed it for Nature because nobody was using ZOLE. If you want it fixed, you'd have to personally send me your send me your ROM so I could fix it or wait for me to write a guide on it because ZOLE 4 isn't getting anymore updates.
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »

It's not just during the transistion, but it's also not the entire map.  I'll attach a pic to show you what's happening.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:12:11 PM by Radz » Logged

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 01:25:39 AM »

What the... That's weird. I haven't actually seen that before... I'm not at all sure what might be causing it. Perhaps Fatories and I could discuss it and come up with a solution but for now I have no remedy.
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 01:51:24 AM »

I can probably design around the problem tiles (different tree style in the fairy forest tileset, the shop and building tops, and the sandy beaches are the biggest offenders), but I'll have to compromise my original visual design.

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 02:22:39 AM »

Hmm... It almost looks like the graphics are decompressed but being treated like they aren't. When I get the chance, I'll test those tiles myself and see if there are any problems.
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:59:29 AM »

Something I had not considered that might be causing this problem is that I am using the wrong version when I open the editor.  Honestly, I'm not even sure which version of the ROM I am using as I am fairly certain it was unlabeled when I downloaded it, but I have since renamed it so I really do not know for certain.

Could using the wrong version be causing the problem?  Is there any way to determine which version I am using...even after I've completely mutilated it as I have? :confused1:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: