Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abandoning ZOLE  (Read 614 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2012, 02:00:48 AM »

This is a post declaring my retirement on ZOLE and all other Oracles tools. It's been almost two years since I started work on ZOLE 4, and it's been a hefty journey up to this point. I feel I've made my mark and Ages hacking is good enough to stop work on (Just look at Nature if you think otherwise), and I have zero interest hacking the Oracles games at this point. I want to pursue other interests and I feel they're getting in the way. And yes, this means I will no longer work on Oracle of Nature. Maybe some time in the distant future, but it's not going to happen soon. No, the source code to the tools will not be released. ZOLE is my program, and people can put forth the same amount of effort into their own programs as I did mine. If they wanna use ZOLE's code for data reasons, they can decompile it. I don't believe in obfuscating code.

So anyway, thanks to everyone who supported the programs, forums, and me over the past while, and hopefully someone like Fatories will be able to take over entirely one day.

~Lin
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

Just to add on to Lin's hefty paragraph, I would like everyone to know that I will still be moderating the forums and making sure that spam gets removed. Oracle hacking has always been fluctuating in how popular it is and I believe that even though the progress has stopped for good, people will still continue to hack in the future. Since the forums here contain so much information regarding Oracle hacking I will to it that people can still access the documents.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Superjello
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:50:04 AM »

This is sad to hear, but you need to do what you need to do. You have done an astounding job on Zole, and I think I speak for everyone when I say "I am damn proud of you!"  Making and coding a program is exhausting and extremely hard work and we are very proud of you for sticking to it Lin! I also would like to thank everyone who helped Lin with this project, you also make me proud! I wish you great luck in the future, and Lin..... I hope to make an amazing Oracle hack with Zole one day.

Good Luck Lin!

---------------------------------------------------
                           Super Jello
---------------------------------------------------
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »

Thank you for all you have done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: