Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:26:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making a Weapon Obtainable in Side Scrolling Areas  (Read 367 times)
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 03:48:55 AM »

So you've been at ZOLE for a while, working with those dem fine chests, and you've finally come to the point in your hack where you need an item to appear in a side scrolling screen (like the power bracelet or rocs feather). Now you're a smart person and you've tried, you've looked for all possible ways to do this before coming to the tutorial but you've finally given up on doing it. Well don't worry I'll teach you how to do this step by step.

You will require ZOIC and ZOSE for this tutorial.

1. You will need to make a custom script in your room using ZOSE. If you are unfamiliar how then you better go learn how, I have a tutorial on it which can be found here: http://zeldahacking.ulmb.com/index.php?topic=274.new#new

In this script you will have to write to simple lines.
Code:
writelocation xxxxx
setinteraction72 xx
checkitemflag
spawnitem X Y

The code may need to be altered around a bit with such things as "set coords", I trust if you are following this tutorial you could at least be able to figure that out.

The X should be your weapons first ID and the Y should be the second one (For power bracelet 16 00, etc).
Check out the weapon list here for your weapon ID: http://zeldahacking.ulmb.com/index.php?topic=10.0

2. Open your ROM in ZOIC. In ZOIC enter the ID of your item (1600 for the bracelet, etc) and values should be loaded. In the item property value change whatever you see there to 0A. Then click the change item button.

There you go folks, three simple steps to making an item appear in your side scrolling room.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:09:50 PM by Fatories » Logged

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: