Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:25:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ages Expanded, a future hack by Klavice  (Read 342 times)
Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:34 PM »

I plan on changing up Ages to make it so it acts automatically as a Linked Game.

The secret givers will appear regardless of whether you enter a password or not and will give you different things. Instead of the Ghini giving you the secret for the mini game in Holodrum's Graveyard, he'll give you a gasha seed instead.

This hack's purpose is to be able to obtain all 64 rings in one file, challenge Ganon, and improve boss difficulty.

The story might be a little changed too. I plan on basing some of the plot on the manga, which you can read at Mangafox.

If someone can make me a script for Ralph to follow you or other characters, that would really help.

It would be even better if I could insert Raven as a custom boss, but that's unlikely.

Planned Boss Improvements:

Pumpkinhead: Roc's Ring will be required, or at least recommended, because the floor will be cracked.

Head Thwomp: The Switch Hook will be used to swap between ladders and probably to reach the top.

Shadow Hag: Wizzrobes will be added.

Eyesoar: Lava around the sides of the room. Be careful not to fall in.

Smog: More block puzzles. Maybe more than three mini-clouds if I can do it.

Octogen: Bari's will be underwater and Tektikes above the water.

Veran (Nayru): A mixture of Eyesoar and Pumpkinhead. Cracked floor, and lava.

Giant Bari (I can't remember his name): Underwater quicksand to move you around, like in the fight with Manhandala in Seasons.

Ramrock: Arrow shooting cannons on both sides.

Veran (Ambi): Floormasters added

Veran (Fairy): Wallmasters and Dark Links make a terrible combination.

Veran (Final): Nothing to improve here.

Twinrova and Ganon: Whisps in Twinrova fight and Ganon probably won't be improved.

This will probably be very difficult, especially for the story, but I'm certain using ZOLE Live, it's possible.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »

Actually, using ZOLE Live makes it less possible, because you can't edit everything you can using regular ZOLE. ZOLE Live was mainly designed for creating maps and doing basic things, like editing warps and interactions, but even interactions have shown to not be perfect and create sync issues. I can guarantee right now that you won't have Ralph following you. It'd be too much assembly work.

Keep in mind that for every single NPC that only appears in a linked game, you're going to have to edit assembly for it. The only scripts they have are the ones that make them talk when you press A on them. Making them appear is completely assembly-sided.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: