Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:23:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Contest: 09/12/2010  (Read 1948 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:31:25 AM »

The contest is now over

Round up your tools and get practicing! An event planned for around a month is going to arise soon. Basically, a contest will be held starting this week on Thanksgiving November 25th!

You must sign up to compete, and you can sign up at any time, but you must submit your hack before the deadline, which is December 9th, 2010! To sign up, just post below you want to be in the contest.

Requirements to Compete
-Hack must be at least 1 dungeon long and feature somewhat of an overworld. More dungeons will increase your chance of winning.
-Hack must use at least one custom script

So, pretty straight-forward. The reward is undecided, but you will for sure get a title if you win. Although it probably isn't needed, this is indeed a hack of ages. You are free to use ZOLE, ZOSE, and any other tool you would like. Just don't copy work, and you must work on your own.

Things You'll Be Judged On
-Creativity - How cool and original are your events?
-Mapping - All of your maps follow how the maps were meant to be made, and they look good
-Puzzles - An enemy-killed and key dungeon would be very boring
-Length - Is your hack long and does it feature more than five minutes of gameplay?

Each category will be given 5 points, and the person with the biggest total wins. A tie will result in a public pole. A tie in that... well, we'll just have to see then won't we?

Currently Competing
No contestants.

Note that any bugs found in ZOLE, ZOSE, or any other of my tools will will add a certain amount of days to the due date depending on how long it took to fix. For example, if a bug was found and took two days to fix, two days will be added to the due date.

I look forward to your hacks!

~Lin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:15:37 AM by Fatories » Logged
Invertfreak
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:39:39 AM »

This sounds really great Lin.  :thumbup:  I hope that it gets a big turnout.

Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »

Cool! Once I get this ton of homework done, I'll be sure to look into competing.
pikaguy900
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »

I guess I'll enter. No harm in doing so, right?
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 02:03:40 AM »

I hardly have time anymore to do stuff.  I'd love to, but to be honest, I'd rather do it for fun.  Besides, shouldn't I be banned seeing as how I am the only one with highly advanced understanding of the rom?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:33:16 AM »

I hardly have time anymore to do stuff.  I'd love to, but to be honest, I'd rather do it for fun.  Besides, shouldn't I be banned seeing as how I am the only one with highly advanced understanding of the rom?
Nah, because that can only get you points in creativity and maybe puzzles. You still have to be able to map and create a decent-length hack.

I guess I'll enter. No harm in doing so, right?
Cool.

Cool! Once I get this ton of homework done, I'll be sure to look into competing.
Awesome. Just let me know for sure when you will.

This sounds really great Lin.  :thumbup:  I hope that it gets a big turnout.
Me too. Are you going to enter?
Invertfreak
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »

Probably not. While I understand the basics of making a dungeon, I have no idea how to script.

Jandazekon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »

I have no idea how to script.
Drag and drop modular should make it easer, and has not been made, aka a zose alternative or improvement.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:33 PM »

I would like to officially sign up.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 10:06:24 PM »

Probably not. While I understand the basics of making a dungeon, I have no idea how to script.
Remember ZOSE comes with documentation, and it says at least one script. This can mean any script, whether it just be one line or anything. Surely you can do that.

Drag and drop modular should make it easer, and has not been made, aka a zose alternative or improvement.
Are you going to be joining?

I would like to officially sign up.
Sweet.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »

How will we submit items? Are we going to use patches?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »

Yes.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 11:46:50 PM »

Alrighty then.
Invertfreak
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »

Okay then I guess i'll sign up, but i can make any promises that I will be able to send my hack or even work on it. As of right now, there are things that are going on in the real world that i need to concentrate on.

Jandazekon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »

Are you going to be joining?
I don't know when i will finish my rom hack, i started in summer 2010 with the present overworld, removing all enemies and interactions, editing the overworld, but then i am stuck at adding/removing entrances/exits and moving entrances/exits for houses, caverns and dungeons.
And the shape for all houses, caverns and dungeons can't be changed, only existing rooms can be edited without affecting the rooms outside the house or cave or dungeon shape. Then i can't edit the music to fit a new dungeon better, like make all the dungeons sound like the alttp dungeons or modify existing songs.
I can't add minecarts in overwolrd with rail track tiles.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:33:32 PM by Jandazekon » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: