Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:24:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assorted Dungeon Questions  (Read 236 times)
Radz
Newcomer

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:14:38 PM »

I've started working on the caves and dungeons of my hack and as such, questions have come up.  If I have more, I'll add them as we go along.  I'm using the forum rather than IRC because I'm not in immediate need of the information and this will help others in the future.

1.  I'm looking to replicate a portion of Kanalet Castle in my hack, including a portion where the button to open the door is under a pot.  Now, it the Oracle series, putting a pot on the buttons can be used to trigger them, so I was just wondering if it was at all possible to do something such as this?

2.  I'm obviously using portions of the underwater map for my cave system since I used the entire 16x16 overworlds to recreate Koholint.  The problem is that my cave entrances are not acting like warps and are allowing me to pass into the next area on the map.  Now, I do not have any warps set up on these caves just yet so that may be my problem, but I thought I'd ask.

As I undoubtedly come across other questions, I'll continue to add to this list.

Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »

1. I think there might be a type of trigger that supports this, but I'm not sure which. It can be done with some assembly hacking though. In Nature, I did some modifications that made it so a switch would only go down if you were holding a pot.

2. You do need warps for the entrances to work since they control how Link moves. Also, you might want to use the regular cave system maps for yours. You won't be so pressed for warps and need to take from the ones you've got for regular indoor maps like houses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: