Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:25:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Project?  (Read 3149 times)
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

I can do that. I'm not busy, so I could do that right now.

What if we made it so that the Temple of Seasons (Temple of Dimensions? Temple of Elements?) was something like the Spirit Tower in Spirit Tracks? After a certain amoun of dungeons, you have to return there to get another power for the Rod of Seasons (Rod of Elements? Wand of Elements?) to progress through the game.

How about Din being the Queen of Realms, and Onox is a traitor who took her hostage?
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »

Interesting ideas.  Seasons already sort of has the "go back to get new powers" thing.  Perhaps all of Subrosia could be refitted as the entire temple, with each area governed by a different power.

Right now I'm in the process of seeing how seasons work.  The game seems to use a means by which tilesets are changed based on which season is active.  That could actually be done away with if we refit it so that each season, or dimention, has it's own areas, rather than have changing tilesets.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »

Yeah. We'd HAVE to do that, actually, as I don't think there's a way to have lava be in the same map as a tree stump.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »

Don't forget that Lin has programed it so each season can have it's own unique map.  By the looks of things, the first few area ID's cycle between 4 different seasons.  This is good because then it's not nessicary to have 4 sets of 256 bytes to represent all the seasons.  Furthermore, it might even be possible to make dungeons have multiple dimentions.  Don't forget too that it's possible to add in scripts that excecute only in certain dimentions, and map overlays also upon the same conditions.

Okay I just tried it, and yes, it's possible.  Now granted, what I tried was using 4 different level areas, but the concept should work.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:36:08 PM by Jigglysaint » Logged
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:36 AM »

Alright, then...

What would the story be? Like I said, with ZOSE, we could make our own cutscenes (Making Link walk, unable to be controled, showtext, ect.) The only thing I could see is moving sprites- is there a way to call only sprites? Then we could just have it so that the inhabitants of the land can teleport  :001_tt2:
Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »

I would assume there is. After all, when Nayru is singing in Ages, aren't the musical notes called?

Also, just a thought I had, what if we made this Oracle of Secrets? And involved Farore, rather than Din?

We'd need a name for the country this takes place in, as well. Off the top of my head, places named in Zelda games but never visited are pretty much "x of place" items, so we could call it Byrna, Pacci, Somaria, etc. just for a canon name.
Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »

I just had an idea off the top of my head, hence the double post. A ring as a dungeon item? The idea would be the ___ holy rings. You'd need them to get past certain areas. I think personally we should include the rings as part of the game, a necessity, as opposed to just an extra.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

We could... I don't really like that idea, honestly. I like the actual items more.
Supreme Dirt

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »

Well, the thing is we don't have to make it the only dungeon item. Plenty of dungeons throughout the series have multiple dungeon items.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »

Well the only thing about the rings is that you have to go back to Vasu and either get them appraised, or at least go back and equip them.  Hmm, idea.  What if we made the rod of seasons, or in this case, rod of elements, also summon the ring select screen?
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »

A thought- would it be possible to give the Rod the effect of Vasu? If it is, maybe we could make the Rod a sort of house for a partner spirit? Then we could make it so that there are four Elemental Rings that allow transit between the four Realms, and you need the partner spirit to identify them before you can use them. IDK.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »

Rings would work, but they would still need a transition tile for it to activate.  Right now I'm researching how Vasu works(he actually could still be there, but he gives the companion spirit).  I found the script that I believe activates when you talk to him.  In there should be a spot that calls the ring list.  The rod of Seasons could easily be refitted to activate certain events on certain tiles.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »

Maybe we could make a custom tile for that? We could use a differently colored Season Spirit sprite for the companion.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 01:09:14 AM »

I am thinking there would be one tile for changing elements, which basically acts like a warp with the approprate ring equipped, and a tile that calls forth the spirit.  Sor far I haven't had luck with the Rod of Seasons calling the ring list, but I'll keep trying.
Gamma 31

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »

Yeah... I like that. He/She/It could give you advice if you use the Rod on tha specific spot.

Also, characters... Are we making the Oracle of Secrets with Farore, or are we going to make a different fan game?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: