Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Tileset Editor  (Read 1708 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

Currently, I'm working on adding a tileset editor to ZOLE. It will feature 100% raw tiles and tileset configuration, meaning you can make tilesets exactly how you want them. It will take some time though.

EDIT: Making great progress. The game now supports loading of 100% custom tiles. Currently, the tileset editor displays things perfectly (except the main tileset). Next I need to write the harder portion of the assembly: loading raw tileset configuration.

~Lin
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:19:38 AM by Lin » Logged
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

I do indeed like this Lin Cheesy:D:D

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »

Bad news. The game isn't happy with what I'm doing so it's posing several problems. I'm going to recode all the assembly I've written so far. Hopefully the problems get fixed.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »

Good news! Palette loading for custom tilesets is fixed and now I just have to make better management of custom tilesets during screen transitioning. All going well. Cheesy
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:47:35 AM »

Okay, so scratch everything I said earlier. I deleted all the code I've written so far because I'm going to approach this another way. The ROM has been expanded to the largest size of 4 MB and all of the tiles are decompressed upon ROM open. Why? Because it simply was just too frustrating getting things to match properly, especially with transitioning. 103 decompressed tiles (current amount of areas) take up a lot of space and not enough would be left over for tileset configuration data. The next biggest size was 7 MB, so I went with it. On a good note, a lot of space is getting saved in the first bank and things are going to be easier down the road.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »

Great news! I have finished full decompressed tile loading, for full warping and scrolling. However, sometimes the tiles appear glitched, so I need to find out why. That's for tomorrow.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:21:34 AM »

Better news! I sacrificed 30 minutes of sleep to get it working 100%. There are no more bugs as far as I know and the tileset editor will resume progress tomorrow. Cheesy
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 01:30:10 AM »

All of the assembly for loading fully decompressed stuff is done. The rest is ZOLE-sided, and should be simple. I'm not feeling well tonight so it might have to get finished tomorrow.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »

Okay... Good news: I have fixed all the bugs I've found, which included some tiles not properly loading and collisions not being loaded. These are fixed and I've tested thoroughly. Not a single bug. ZOLE also loads these new tilesets, so all that's left is the work on the tileset editor. Cheesy
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 02:44:05 AM »

Released!!!!
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 05:28:58 PM »

There's a bug.  First of all, you can only access the tileset editor from the icons in the editor.  If you try to select it from the Tools menus, it doesn't work.  Second of all, when the tileset editor loads, the graphics and the cursor are not aligned properly.  That is to say the tiles are blow up, but the cursor select map is still small.  Not only are the cursors out of alignment, but you think you are clicking on a tile, and it's a different tile.  Also the tiles at the bottom arn't clickable, and to click them you have to click on the tiles way above them.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »

There's a bug.  First of all, you can only access the tileset editor from the icons in the editor.  If you try to select it from the Tools menus, it doesn't work.  Second of all, when the tileset editor loads, the graphics and the cursor are not aligned properly.  That is to say the tiles are blow up, but the cursor select map is still small.  Not only are the cursors out of alignment, but you think you are clicking on a tile, and it's a different tile.  Also the tiles at the bottom arn't clickable, and to click them you have to click on the tiles way above them.
Everything works fine for me. It's your computer and it's not likely I can do anything about it. Except for the button only working on the icon. That's my fault.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 02:17:07 AM »

Everything works fine for me. It's your computer and it's not likely I can do anything about it. Except for the button only working on the icon. That's my fault.

Is it the resolution?  I can't understand how come the entire table of tiles are stretched, yet the clicking map is not stretched as well?  Is there a way to make the tiles smaller so they line up properly?  Heck, do the tiles even look stretched on your end?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 02:57:59 AM »

Yes, all the stretching is intentional. That's to make editing easier. Even with things stretched, everything else should be aligned properly.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 05:25:44 AM »

But it's not.  Does it have anything to do with Windows 2000?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: