Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:24:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The website has switched hosts and now has the domain zeldahacking.net!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Static Objects and Possible Plug-ins  (Read 595 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

Well, currently what's holding ZOLE 1.09 and a new patch (Which will be kept secret, although it's nothing big) from being released is the ability to edit static objects. I'm still brainstorming everything, but have the main idea down. I do though want to try and make it display the object image, which if I do will go with type 9 interactions (or whatever the white one is) because they use the same ID system. Not sure yet. I'll post screenies here later.

~Lin
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »

Got the visual part done. Now to make things actually useful!
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »

So what exactly are Static Objects. Obviously the cart is one of them so this update will definitely be helpful, but what are other Static Objects?

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Jigglysaint
Hacking Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »

Static objects are objects that are capable of traveling with you from one screen to another.  Carts, for example, will stay in the spot you last left them.  Furthermore if you were somehow to change maps(by time warping inside a dungeon), the static object would still be there because once it's been loaded, it stays untill you exit a dungoen.  Magnetballs in Seasons are also static objects.

Now while we are on the subject of interactions, there is one more bug to fix.  F4 control type currently does not recognize the pointer as a pointer, but as seperate pieces of data.  F4 basically sets bit 7 in the room flags once the screen is cleared of enemies(there is also an interaction that does this, but it could be that F4 adds that object automatically, I'll need to check).

I know the location of the control type pointers, so it's easy to check out what does what, or even be possible to add a new control type.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 12:19:42 AM »

Static objects are objects that are capable of traveling with you from one screen to another.  Carts, for example, will stay in the spot you last left them.  Furthermore if you were somehow to change maps(by time warping inside a dungeon), the static object would still be there because once it's been loaded, it stays untill you exit a dungoen.  Magnetballs in Seasons are also static objects.

Now while we are on the subject of interactions, there is one more bug to fix.  F4 control type currently does not recognize the pointer as a pointer, but as seperate pieces of data.  F4 basically sets bit 7 in the room flags once the screen is cleared of enemies(there is also an interaction that does this, but it could be that F4 adds that object automatically, I'll need to check).

I know the location of the control type pointers, so it's easy to check out what does what, or even be possible to add a new control type.
I'm going to have to look into that last part.

Anyway, it's been over a month, but it's making progress!

Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:52:08 PM »

So if the static object thing is red does that mean its not in use for that map?

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: