Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:26:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is now an official Primary Zelda Hacking Press!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Zelda Oracles Chest Reader and Fixer (Version 1.0.0.1)  (Read 1817 times)
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:44:37 AM »

Note: Fatories has developed a tool called ZOIC which does exactly what this program does and more along with seasons support. It would be wise to download ZOIC instead.

Note: Updated to 1.0.0.1, which requires the 1.1 GBHL.DLL file (Which it comes with).

Well, this is a small, yet powerful tool developed in about an hour. Basically, it will load a chest based on the ID (The one you put into the chest editor in ZOLE) and it will tell you what weapon it gives, the level of the weapon, the graphics displayed, and much more. It's a pretty simple tool but I'm sure many will find it useful.

The reasoning behind it is there are many weapons in the game, and you can TRY to load them into the chest, but if the item wasn't originally obtained via chest, the game freezes (Unless you get lucky and the effect is 03). This makes it so you can make a chest give any weapon (And other items, but it hasn't been tested yet).

Do not ask me what the Useless values are. I haven't figured it out. But basically, that makes it so when you enter ID 501 into a chest, it gives you the Level 2 sword and doesn't freeze.

Download: http://uppit.com/beqfh6hhsc99/ZOCF.zip

How to use
Make sure your ROM is in the same directory as the program, and is type GBC or BIN. The file cannot be read-only. The program loads the first ROM file it finds, so be sure not to have two in the same directory.

~Lin
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:12:33 PM by Fatories » Logged
Klavice

Rainbow Dash is truly awesome!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:12:39 AM »

Very nice appatizer for the main course that is ZOLE. I have awaited that tool for ages (literally).

So I can just read the values you list and input that to change the chest in Spirit's Grave to say... a chest containing the Seed Shooter?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:42:27 AM »

Indeed. Make sure you follow the tutorial on changing chests though, because it can get confusing.
Klavice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »

Suppose I want to add a new chest into the game to give a seed satchel.

How would you add a chest into the game if it's not already present?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »

Add a chest tile and go to the chest editor. If there isn't chest data, swap it with another map that does have chest data, then change the ID.
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »

I think what he means is how would you create your own treasure chest with out the use of map swapping.

The force of a true man can penetrate all. Nothing is safe.
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »

Oh. Well in that case, it's impossible without overwriting existing data.
Klavice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »

Does the tutorial work for chests that do not contain a weapon? And is it possible if you delete all the maps to have the chest data from before?
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 10:25:39 PM »

The answer to the first question is yes, because you can put heart containers, ID 2A01, heart pieces, ID 2B01, Gasha seeds, ID 2401 and various other stuff in chests. As for the second one I'm not sure.

Klavice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »

I followed the tutorial and instead got a green rupee instead of a sword. What happened?

Oh and what's the values for the ring box?
Fatories
LALE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »

EDIT: Not sure what you did wrong, but I'm gonna guess you put the wrong ID in for the chest in ZOLE.

I found the values for the 3 ring boxes and I have put them in the Ring list section. They require the use of ZOCF, while the rings themselves don't.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:55:23 PM by Fatories » Logged

Klavice

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 03:47:16 AM »

Is it impossible to swap data with a chest and use the original data to lead to an item? And I was kinda wondering if you could change item containing chests to a weapon containing chest.
SquallTheGamer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 06:45:52 AM »

This looks like a awesome program, but I can't seem to download it because my internet is protecting the computer from Viruses. Do you think you could upload it to Romhacking.net?
Lin
ZOLE Creator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 07:00:29 AM »

Protecting your computer from viruses? I don't see why that happens, unless it has to do with the ULMB hosting I've heard about, but that should be over once I pay for the hosting (Should be as soon as tomorrow if everything goes as planned). I don't like uploading minor things to RHDN, so here's a mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?lmy3jylmymd
SquallTheGamer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »

Protecting your computer from viruses? I don't see why that happens, unless it has to do with the ULMB hosting I've heard about, but that should be over once I pay for the hosting (Should be as soon as tomorrow if everything goes as planned). I don't like uploading minor things to RHDN, so here's a mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?lmy3jylmymd

Um, that was actually for the Text Editor. For whatever reason, all the other tools download properly except for the Chest Editor.  Huh?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: