Primary Zelda Hacking
April 21, 2014, 09:26:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Current Zelda Oracles Hacking Suite beta version: 0.05

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda, The Oracle of Hours Beta out now! (Version 2.0)  (Read 5992 times)
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »

Hello, I am Luigi100 and I am officially proud to present the first publicly release beta (that I know about) of my hack: The Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Hours.

This hack was made by me, for the public, using the maps from here:
http://vgmaps.com/NewsArchives/April2008/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaOracleOfHours
I wanted to make them a reality. Currently as you are downloading this patch I have recreated the effects from these pictures to the best of my CURRENT understanding of ZOLE and its accompanying tools; I have however made some slight changes to make it a bit more of a challenge.

To play this game get yourself a clean copy of Legend of Zelda, The - Oracle of Ages (U) [C][!] and Lunar ISP to patch it with since that
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:44:51 AM by Luigi1000 » Logged
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

Well, I think I explored pretty much everywhere I could. I couldn't get to dungeon #1 or #2.

Here's what I found wrong.

Code:
Red and green houses two screen south of the shop. Leaving from entrances warps you onto a mountain. Stuck. Taking the staircases and leaving warps you onton a mountain. Stuck.

Exiting the ring shop warps you onto a blue house. Stuck.

Blue house east of the green and red houses warps you nowhere. Not stuck.

Exiting the witch's house doesn't warp you out the door. You end up on the field next to the house. Not stuck.

Exiting blue house north of witch's house warps you next to the house. Not stuck.

Blue house west of witch's house warps you nowhere. Not stuck.

Green house two screens west of ring shop warps you nowhere. Not stuck.

Staircase west of green house warps you onto a bush. A sword spin can get you off of it. Technically not stuck.

"Treehouse" warps you nowhere. Not stuck.

"Treehouse" secret staircase warps you nowhere. Not stuck.

Big black rectangle two screens west of "treehouse."

Exiting the building AND the staircase where you get the graveyard key warps you onto a tree on a different map. Stuck.

Staircase in pond area warps nowhere. Not stuck.

Exiting Beach Cave from entrance warps you to pond area. Not stuck.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:51:35 AM by Vector Dancer » Logged
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »

Ya I know the warps still need work as lin and fat wanted it and told me not to worry about it untill later, so If you please dont use walk through walls cheats to acess some of the normally blocked off areas, I mentioned this in the post. Though I will admit I forgot to block off beach cave, you win that one.

As for the dungeons they are on these maps:
Level 1 is on map B8 which is in the middle south of the town.
Level 2 is on map 2F which is north of the town and on the extreme right of the map.
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »

I never used any walk through walls cheat. :/ If you go left of the starting screen you can slip by the hole.

Also, I'm not able to open the door to what I assume leads to the Maku Tree.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:24:42 PM by Vector Dancer » Logged
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 06:45:49 AM »

Ok may bad I assumed that somome might do that but I doubt that poeple were able to slip into the doors. The maku gate is currently disabled at the moment. Also if you guys are able to wait a bit longer I will be able to fix the majority of problems I have noticed execpt for some warps and lv3 will be properly working.
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 02:48:22 AM »

For some odd reason, the first time I tried to enter level 1 I could have sworn it warped me to the place you get the graveyard key. Odd. Well, at least I can go through level 1 now. Smiley

Entering the building on the left side of the entrance shares the same warp as the staircase. Entering on the right side of the entrance warps you to Level 1 Sundial Shrine.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:52:38 AM by Vector Dancer » Logged
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »

Ya, I tryed to get a type 40 working, but I have just changed it so it is working no matter which side it goes from.
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:42 AM »

Exiting the level two dungeon from the entrance warps you to the original level two in the Past. Obviously...you're stuck.

Level 1 had some enemy spawn issues.

(PS: I don't mean to sound nitpicky on things, I'm just trying to help as much as I can. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. :/ )
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 11:57:49 AM »

Ya sorry, I had some warp issues with the orignal lv1 exit so I had to replace it with another warp but when I enterd the map number I entered it backwards >_<. About the enemy's I have no idea WTF causses the one with the falling star and that weird thing in the corner but I thought I got rid of that spawn, and for the rest of the ones stuck in walls I am currently remnoving their spawngroups and placing type 6/7 interactions to spawn enemy's properly as the majority of the maps I have made I notice do not work well with the existing enemy spawn groups. Ya I am kinda a perfectionist also, but I divide my issues into order of serverity which is why I wanted to polish the game in general up before I woried about the enemy placement which I am now fixing at 7:55 am on a monday before class. I like that you help me but just try to be non openativative about it, I like neutral comments.\

P.S: When I read this the first time I thought you said I sucked insted of you're stuck.
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »

I would never say that someone sucked for creating a game like this. I just think that the easiest way to let someone know that there was an error is to just state what the error is.
Beastof2000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 02:23:52 AM »

Luigi I'm going to test this out and let you know what I think. Smiley
Vector Dancer
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »

The updated version is great! I even got up to practically the end of Beach Cave. Although (and you most likely know this already) when you take the staircase leading to the Power Bracelet you're warped onto the rock next to the ladder. You seem stuck but if you use the Roc's Feather you'll jump down. But you can't finish that dungeon because you need one key and I believe you get it from the room with the two switches that don't do anything. But it's really coming along nicely.

Also, I found a treasure chest that keeps respawning in the Overworld (D5) and gives you the same ring each time you leave and come back to the screen.

I will say that it feels like a OoX game and I really can't wait for everything to be complete!  :thumbup:
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »

Thank you for that, I have been working on some things and ive been away for a bit due to computer reasons but now im back. I am working on a script for the 2 switches with some help from somone and it will get done soon, I will re check all the chests to make sure things are as they should be. I plan to stop the beta after dungeon 3 to allow further and deeper involvement with overworld and othger parts of the game, I will release changes once in a while so look back here once in a while for updates. Cheesy
nmoyd
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 07:48:52 AM »

the download link dosent work :crying:
Luigi1000
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »

Hmm, sorry If it dosent, Ill put one up soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: